Tuesday, December 9, 2014

My White Christmas 

Since everyone is excited for Christmas, I want to share some simple thoughts about a White Christmas. This is not a typical white, that when you heard about it, snow is the first thing that will come in your mind. When the month of September arrived, everybody is slowly getting ready for the coming of Jesus Christ. In some countries like the Philippines, September has been just like Christmas Day. Christmas decors everywhere, Christmas lights that give joy to the world more than likely kids. Its been a long year, and finally here he comes. The most awaited day that falls on the last month of the year, December. Three months prior to this day, I was so excited just like anyone does. I have been thinking of a lot of things. But, a lot of things also happened before then. In October 2014, I lost my grandpa who made me feel like I am home. Since I moved from Philippines to United States a few years ago everything is really different. I was so sad and cried a lot. On the other I said to myself I am lucky to know him even in a short period of time and he lived his life to the fullest so, I am still happy for him. Don’t worry Grandpa I will make sure to watch your slides about your travel photos with Grandma and family. Not long enough, in November same year, another grandpa bids farewell to the world. My grandpa in my mother-in-law’s side. I will truly miss him, especially during those times that I visited him at his house and he’s like “Oh, hello there!”. He can barely hear so I had to speak louder. He’s been teasing me to wear high heel shoes or sandals because I am so small, and they said I look like a kid.. I wonder why kids mistook me as a friend of my stepdaughter. At the funeral, everyone was crying, but I still jumped during the 21 gun salute. It was pretty cold outside, the ground was covered with snow. The white rose bloomed so well, good enough for me to dry and put it inside a frame. Thank you for your unforgotten service to protect our country.

They both left in the same year and I am sure they are now talking up there in heaven about the life they had when they were still alive. Both of them are now our guardian angels who will watch us every day.